My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Easy Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna

I bought the “no-cook” noodles, but the veggies provide so much water that I don’t think it’s necessary. The recipe just calls for regular noodles. You can make it healthy if you choose low fat pasta sauce, fat free cottage cheese, and very low fat or fat free mozzarella. I did not do that. Sorry, but we forgot to take a picture.

3 cups pasta sauce (I used a tomato alfredo blend; you can use whatever)
16-24 oz cottage cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
8 oz low fat mozzarella
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
2 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
1 zucchini, halved and sliced
Sautéed fresh mushrooms (I sauteed half a package of fresh)
½ to 1 green pepper, finely chopped
(you can use any veggies you like for the zucchini, mushrooms, and green pepper)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl, combine cottage and Parmesan cheese. Spray a 12 X 8-inch pan with cooking spray. Place 3 uncooked noodles in the bottom of pan.

Cover noodles with 1 cup spaghetti sauce, 1/3 cheese mixture, and ½ mozzarella.. Spread spinach leaves, tomatoes, and other veggies on top of cheese.

Repeat layers twice more with noodles, sauce, cheeses, and vegetables. (I only did 2 layers of veggies because I ran out, so I ended w/ cheese). Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home