My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Easy and Tasty Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches in the Crockpot

From Recipezaar.com. Very easy. I would make it again. Don’t double the recipe. It has taken us FOREVER to eat it. The author of the recipe recommends KC Masterpiece bbq sauce. I also like Stubbs and Daddy’s.


1-2 lb boneless chicken breasts
1 (18-oz) jar of your favorite barbecue sauce
1 medium sweet onion, sliced
Hamburger buns


Remove all fat from chicken and toss it in the crockpot. I sprayed it with cooking spray, but that probably wasn’t necessary. Place onion slices on top of chicken. Pour barbecue sauce over the top. You don’t need to use the whole jar; just make sure chicken is covered. I used the whole jar when I had 6 chicken breasts. Cook on low for 8 hours or until chicken is tender. Shred chicken with fork and knife; scoop mixture onto buns.

You can leave the breasts whole if you prefer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home