My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, January 31, 2011

Breakfast Nachos


I had this at Ibiza on the Riverwalk and I decided I could make it at home. If I'm not mistaken, Ibiza had some hash browns in there too, but I didn't do that. It was good, but it is more Southwestern without them, I think. I used 2% cheese. That's why it's not perfectly melted.

1/2 bag tortilla chipa
6-7 eggs, scrambled
1 can refried beans
7 slices bacon
1 cup cheese (you can use more)
2-4 Tbsp salsa, plus more for garnish
4 scallions. sliced
1 tomato, chopped
sour cream for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with foil. (That's optional--you don't have to use foil. I like toreduce mess.) Spread tortilla chips along bottom of pan. Sprinkle on warm scrambled eggs. Microwave refried beans until soft and warm and drizzle/spread/dollop over the eggs. Sprinkle with bacon, and then cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes, just until cheese melts. Drizzle with salsa and sprinkle with scallions and chopped tomato. Serve with sour cream and extra salsa.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home