My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Crab Quiche


I didn't want to mess with finding shallots in Seguin, so I used green onions instead.
I had to bake it at 375 because I had another quiche in there at the same time that required that temp, and it turned out fine.
Also, I accidentally left out half the cheese. I didn't even notice until now, as I'm typing the recipe. So, still plenty good with half the cheese. I lightened it even more by using skim milk in place of the half and half.

* 1 pastry shell (9 inch), partially baked
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
* 1 cup crabmeat
* 1 tablespoon flour
* 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded/divided
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup half and half
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* dash white pepper or hot pepper sauce
* dash nutmeg
* minced parsley

Preparation:
Have a 9-inch pastry shell partially baked. Saute shallots in butter until tender, about 2 minutes; mix with crabmeat and flour; set aside. Sprinkle 3/4 cup the cheese in the pie shell, then spread with crab mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup of cheese. Beat eggs, cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and parsley until mixed. Pour into shell. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serves 6 to 8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home