My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stir-Fried Crunchy Chicken


The crunch is supposed to come from the asparagus. I substituted sugar snap peas, thinking it would go over better with the family, and I'd do it again. Worked well.
I added the scallions before the end because I was in a rush, but that was not a good idea. They wilted.

1 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp crushed dried red chili pepper
1 lb chicken breast, boned, skinned, and cut into strips
2 cups 2-inch asparagus pieces (or 1 small bag sugar snap peas; you could also use snow peas, but I prefer the sugar snap)
1 cup thickly sliced mushrooms
8 scallions, green parts only, quartered lengthwise

In a large skillet over medium high heat combine the vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by about half. Taste and adjust the seasonings.

Stir in chicken, asparagus and mushrooms, and cook over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. If you are subbing the peas, like I did, you can add them after the chicken is cooked. Remove from heat and stir in scallions. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.

I served over rice the first night and ate it plain for lunch the next day. Both were good. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home