My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, June 01, 2009

Tortellini And Vegetable Soup


From my slow cooker cookbook

1 14.5-oz cans vegetable broth
1 can corn
1 medium leek, rinsed well and chopped (white & tender green)
2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups chopped zucchini (1 medium) (I used squash we already had)
1 9-oz pkg fresh cheese tortellini
1/2 tsp garlic pepper
Parmesan cheese for serving

In a 4-qt slow cooker, mix together all the ingredients except the parmesan cheese (I also reserved the basil for the end, but you don't have to.)

Cover and cook on high 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until the tortellini are tender. Do not overcook or the tortellini will become mushy. Serve immediately with parmesan cheese and basil. (Next time I reserve fresh basil for the end, I think I'll also add some to the soup during cooking.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home