My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Corn Soup


From Taste of Home online. THe kids weren't too fond of it because it's a touch spicy (they have asked me to make PLAIN corn soup) but Jon and I loved it. I like the way it's not sweet. I would expect a pumpkin or a squash soup to be sweet, and I'm not a big fan of sweet soups. I exchanged the butter for olive oil to make it more healthful, and exchanged the red pepper for celery because it agrees with me more.

• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
• 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Dash cayenne pepper
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions
• In a large saucepan, saute onion and red pepper in butter until almost tender. Add the corn, jalapeno, garlic and chili powder; saute 2 minutes longer.
• Stir in the broth, pumpkin, salt and cayenne until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Yield: 7 servings.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home