My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Candy Bar Apple Salad

This one is from Taste of Home's site. In the actual magazine, they halve the recipe. I think I prefer this one though--I now have 1/2 pkg of unused pudding mix, half a thing of whipped cream left over, etc.

I can't have the chocolate in the Snickers bars, so we used Payday bars. Worked very well. No complaints. Jon can't have raw apples, so I took out one serving before I added the apples and filled his with grapes.

Camera flash wouldn't work so I didn't take a picture, but it looks like lumpy yellowish whipped cream. Evan had many servings.

* 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
* 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
* 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 4 large apples, chopped (about 6 cups)
* 4 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch pieces

Directions

* In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Fold in apples and candy bars. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home