My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Turkey Quiche

Sorry about the terrible quality photo. But, never fear. I just bought a cute pink camera with a "cuisine" setting. I am so excited. I haven't taken any food pictures on it yet, but I will soon.

1 cup turkey, cut up
1 leftover pie crust (if you bought the 2-pack and made one pie)
½ cup celery left over from stuffing, chopped
½ cup onion left over from scalloped corn, chopped
Olive oil or butter (or both) for sautéing
3 eggs left over from scalloped corn
1 ¼ cup heavy cream leftover from pumpkin pie
½ to 1 cup shredded cheese; I used havarti and 2 % milk mild cheddar
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste

Unroll crust and put into pie plate. Preheat oven to 400. Sauté onion and celery in olive oil or butter or both. Set aside. Whisk eggs with cream and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Spread celery mixture over bottom of crust. Top with turkey and cheese. Pour egg mixture over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. (I had to bake mine about 40-45 minutes.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home