My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, January 04, 2016

Seasoned Chicken, Potatoes, and Green Beans--Slow Cooker

This is not terribly flavorful, but I'm including it because the kids liked it a lot, and because it makes an easy dinner--you don't have to add anything at the end, or prepare anything else for the meal.
After reading comments (it's from themagicalslowcooker.com), I went ahead and added about 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth, because others said it got too dry.  That made it right, but I think next time I might just make more of the lemon juice dressing so the flavor won't be diluted by the chicken broth.

I did 8 hours on low instead of 4 on high.

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
1.25 pound (4 cups) diced red potatoes
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (the recipe states to make sure it's fresh.  I haven't tried it with bottled lmon juice)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion--this was not in the recipe, but I added one to the green beans and potatoes, chopped in big pieces

1.  Place chicken in center of 6 quart slow cooker.Add green beans and potatoes on opposite sides.  Keep stacking until they all fit on their own sides.
2.  Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and garlic.
3.  Pour mixture evenly over over chicken, green beans, and potatoes.
4.  Cover and cook on high for 4 hours without opening lid during cooking time.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home