My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fish In Parchment



I used fresh tilapia, and I substituted red onion for the red pepper because I had some to use up. I also had matchstick carrots and they worked well.
I made my own balsamic vinaigrette with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 3 Tbsp canola oil, 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.

* 4 8 oz fillets white fish like haddock or tilapia
* 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
* 1 sliced red bell pepper
* 1/2 cup sliced carrot, julienne
* 1 scallion, sliced
* 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 1 tsp salt


Method

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, then place each piece on a piece of parchment paper about 8 X 10 inches. One piece of parchment for each fillet. Divide vegetables evenly among fish and drizzle each fillet with the vinaigrette. Gather long ends of parchment paper and fold down to form a pouch. Repeat with sides. Place four pouches on a sheet pan and bake 15-20 minutes, until pouch puffs up. Serve fish in parchment pouch and cut a slit in the top.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home