My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Marinated Cheese


Thanks to one of my recipe exchange pals for this one. :) [If you have found this and are wondering why it looks different from yours, I am typing it from memory. I don't feel like going downstairs to get the card.]

I didn’t notice until I got home that the crackers I bought were tiny bite-sized ones. So, I sliced up my cheese into tiny blocks and then sliced the tiny blocks and put them in a shallow plastic container for marinating. It worked very well.

1 block white cheddar or mozzarella cheese
3 tsp olive oil
1 small jar roasted red peppers (I bought a larger jar and used 2 whole roasted peppers from it)
½ tsp dried basil or several fresh basil leaves
3 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 tsp sugar
3 cloves garlic

Slice block of cheese and arrange slices back in a block form in a shallow dish with lid. Puree remaining ingredients in food processor. Pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour. Serve with crackers or baguette slices.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home